#H#ogwarts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christmas

Merry Christmas!
It's a time of cold cold fun,
'Cas this season is sure to be the one,
Have a great Christmas!
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Senior Staff

Headmistress: Nocturne,
Headmaster: ShockBox
Deputy: TheJoker?
Deputy: Cookiedough505

High Inquisitor: Apply

SS Advisor: British-247
Heads of Houses
Gryffindor: Epiphone247
Hufflepuff: Gabrielt16
Slytherin: Tanz23
Ravenclaw: Jarademo12

Housepoints

Gryffindor: 10

Hufflepuff: 13
Slytherin: 15
Ravenclaw: 20

;;Excerpt: Broken Spectrum;;

4 posters

Go down

;;Excerpt: Broken Spectrum;; Empty ;;Excerpt: Broken Spectrum;;

Post  Brendan Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:01 pm

This is the start of something I'm writing, it isn't that great but I'm fairly happy with it for a first draft.

The sea lapped up, slowly but steadily eating away at the shoreline, gently edging it's way up the sloping sands towards the grassy bank. The sand gradually petered out as you move away from the sea, grass spreading for miles and miles before you. Valleys slowly open up before you, mountains rising up on either side of them, a blue river meandering it's way through the valley, white crowns sitting atop the peaks looking down at the fast flowing river.

As you follow the river further inland cities and town begin to spring up on it's shores and the shores of it's tributaries. The hustle and bustle of the market, the rise and fall of the architecture, the mighty spires of the many churches and cathedrals. Mirrored by low domes of the many community buildings that lined the streets of cities.

In the heart of the city a spire rose up and up, an endless spiral up to the point at the top, a railing running all the way up the spiral, at the level below the top, a balcony juts out from it, a lone man stand at the balcony staring out across the city, he stared and stared, taking in the sights and sounds of the city.

Small eddies of breeze gently picked at his tunic as he stood upon the balcony, he shivered, partly from cold and partly from anticipation, he smiled and unclenched his fist from his side, gently lifting it, as he lifted a small amount of flame leapt from it, a ball of fire gently sitting in his hand, warming and comforting him. He stared down at the ball of fire, a smile spreading across his face. Soon it would be over, soon all the hard work would pay of, it had been worth it, hadn't it?

He sighed and extinguished the flame by clenching his fist, he sighed again and turned away from the balcony retreating into his own chamber.

Down on the streets there was nothing but hustle and bustle, women and men haggling and bartering, selling their wares for the best price possible. Various threats of intimidation and bribes passed from one person to another. The flicker of flames, a slight gust of wind, all used to people's advantage in their trading. This in itself was what made the city so special, a gathering of people from all of the seven tribes.

The land had always been split into the seven tribes, the land of fire, the land of air, the land of water, the land of metal, the land of lightning, the land of water and the land of flesh. Each tribe possessing power over the element that gave name to their respective land. Only when all these tribes co-existed could there be harmony, yet there would always be conflict, as it was conflict that kept the seven tribes separate, and formed the peace and prosperity of the whole land.

Yet there were those who sought to conquer all the lands, to stop the equality and harmony that the combined elements could bring and sought only to conquer and control.

At the time of this tales beginning there was a boy to whom all of this was not special, nor meaningful, it simply was. The facts of life, something merely to be lived with. Nor did he realise that that the simple power of water that he controlled would lead him to have as many adventures as he did. No he realised none of this as he sat with a pile of arrow shafts, slowly and steadily working through the pile attaching heads and feathers to them.

Tell me what you think and how I could improve it.

Last edited by Brendan on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:00 am; edited 3 times in total
Brendan
Brendan
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Number of posts : 77
Habbo Name : Recolour
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Character profile
Character name:

Back to top Go down

;;Excerpt: Broken Spectrum;; Empty Re: ;;Excerpt: Broken Spectrum;;

Post  Jason Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:18 pm

Sounding good bren,

You posting mabye a whole chapter soon?

Jason
Headmaster
Headmaster

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:32 pm

"The Suns warm Rays of Heat Beat down on the Back of Osrin as he Edged Through the Bustling Market of Port Taffryn. His Bergundee Tunic Flowing slightly in the Cool sea breeze that slid through the Port. Doing his best to avoid the swamp of people that surrounded him. He headed towards his Home, He could barley see his small Orange House through the Giant Mob. As he drew closer to his home he saw a swirl of Deep Grey smoke springing from the chimney. The smoke ascended into the
Clear Blue sky almost fading into the mass of the Blue."

1 extract from chapter one "Shut up Shop"
Matt
Matt
High Inquisitor
High Inquisitor

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendan Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:43 pm

Jason wrote:Sounding good bren,

You posting mabye a whole chapter soon?

No, I'm going to stick a whopping great advert on the forums for my new writing forums when they're finished then post it on there

Razz
Brendan
Brendan
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Number of posts : 77
Habbo Name : Recolour
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Character profile
Character name:

Back to top Go down

Post  Toby Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:18 am

Brendan wrote:This is the start of something I'm writing, it isn't that great but I'm fairly happy with it for a first draft.

The sea lapped up, slowly but steadily eating away at the shoreline, gently edging it's way up the sloping sands towards the grassy bank. The sand graddually peetered out as you move away from the sea, grass spreading for miles and miles before you. Valleys slowly open up before you, mountains rising up on either side of them, a blue river meandering it's way through the valley, white crowns sitting atop the peaks looking down at the fast flowing river.

As you follow the river further inland cities and town begin to spring up on it's shores and the shores of it's tributaries. The hustle and bustle of the market, the rise and fall of the architecture, the mighty spires of the many churches and cathedrals. Mirrored by low domes of the many community buildings that lined the streets of cities.
Here's a little bit more you greedy people
In the heart of the city a spire rose up and up, an endless spiral up to the point at the top, a railling running all the way up the spiral, at the level below the top a balcony juts out from it, a lone man stand at the balcony staring out across the city, he stared and stared, taking in the sights and sounds of the city.

Small eddies of breeze gently picked at his tunic as he stood upon the balcony, he shivered, partly from cold and partly from anticipation, he smiled and unclenched his fist from his side, gently lifting it, as he lifted a small amount of flame lept from it, a ball of fire gently sitting in his hand, warming and comforting him. He stared down at the balle of fire, a smile spreading across his face. Soon it would be over, soon all the hard work would pay of, it had been worth it, hadn't it?
Tell me what you think and how I could improve it.
Wow brilliant so far bren!
Toby
Toby
Promiscous Poster
Promiscous Poster

Number of posts : 782
Habbo Name : Toucan1
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Character profile
Character name: Owen Fox
Job: Slytherin 1st Year

Back to top Go down